“The global warming lobby has gone too far this time,” declared the innocuously named group, Government Accountability and Oversight, in a video posted on its website. GAO claimed that the lawsuits, which target Exxon Mobil, Shell Oil, and Chevron, among other corporations, represent a form of government overreach and that prosecutors are colluding with activist interest groups in an unethical manner.
Bob Murray, the billionaire founder of Murray Energy, a prolific GOP donor, and early supporter of President Donald Trump, is an outspoken critic of environmental regulations and activist groups. Murray’s influence over the administration, including the push to unravel Environmental Protection Agency rules on carbon emissions and exit the Paris climate accords, is well documented. Even the current chief of the EPA, Andrew Wheeler, is a former lobbyist for Murray.
Bankruptcy filings have provided a unique opportunity for the public to better understand the political agenda of powerful corporate interests, which typically shroud sensitive donations through nondisclosing entities. The sudden collapse earlier this year of Cloud Peak Energy, a Wyoming-based coal firm, revealed several donations to climate change denial groups. In 2015, The Intercept reported on another wave of coal bankruptcies, which revealed ties between coal firms to a subterranean network of groups dedicated to blocking environmental reform.
An excerpt from
– 19.12.16 (Mon.)
1. COP25: Longest climate talks end with compromise deal – BBC News
2. 気候変動に備える！海上酪農場(島田範正) – BLOGOS（ブロゴス）
– 19.12.17 (Tue.)
1. Climate change: Five things we’ve learned from Madrid talks – BBC News
2. 「水との戦い」はビジネスとして動き始めた ～オランダに学ぶ気候変動適応３～(橋本淳司) – 個人 – Yahoo!ニュース
– 19.12.18 (Wen.)
1. Coal Giant Provided Secret Financing to Group Challenging Climate Lawsuits
– 19.12.19 (Thu.)
1. Kenya places climate disorder at centre of UN security council bid
2. 英中銀、気候変動のストレステスト 21年に結果公表
– 19.12.20 (Fri.)
1. Climate change threatens billions in CalPERS pension fund – Los Angeles Times
2. デンマーク、2030年までにCO2を7割削減「新気候変動適応法」に合意 | SUSTAINABLE BRANDS JAPAN
– 19.12.21 (Sat.)
1. Madrid Climate Conference Failed, But Silver Lining Exists
2. ドイツが初のグリーンボンド発行、20年後半に－気候変動対策を後押し – Bloomberg
– 19.12.22 (Sun.)
1. ‘Intimidating:’ Alberta’s energy war room singles out climate campaigner – 660 NEWS
2. 気候変動に揺れるアメリカ シェールオイルの街（テレビ朝日系（ANN）） – Yahoo!ニュース